|chiseling away the salt on our fish|
Is anyone still out there? In taking some time off from blogging I found it compounded from a week, to two, to perhaps a month, or more. I've never been a believer in New Year's resolutions (simply because I'm more of a believer in resolutions in general, at any time for any reason), but seeing as though I've recently resolved to write more frequently in such close proximity to the New Year, well, what the heck, let's make it a New Year's resolution.
In my spare time since my sabbatical I've enjoyed quite a few simple pleasures:
- slowly becoming somewhat of an absinthe connoisseur, through trial and more trial at family gatherings ;)
- reviewing the Michelin Star ratings for Chicago (using this handy book) and debating some of the choices with friends in-the-know
- learning to salt bake a fish and the fun that comes with it
- rediscovering the joys of reading through the genius invention of the kindle
- exploring NYC and discovering the pinnacle of dining at Corton
- looking at real estate and finding a property which may very well become our first home (!)
|testing out various ways of preparing absinthe|
Some of you may remember not even a year ago my excited posts about moving, and you may be wondering (and quite justifiably so) why on Earth we would be talking about our 4th home in the past 2 years with abandoned excitement once more.
|fireplace upon moving in|
I don't blame you ~ we went through the same thought process. But we know what we want now, where we want it, and we may have found it. And trust me, if this move does indeed happen, it will be the home we settle into for some time. Very exciting for this city girl.
How have you all been over this holiday season? I'd love to reconnect. :)